All ROADSMITH conversion kits for bikes that come with shaft-drive from the factory as standard equipment, which at this point are the five Hondas models that ROADSMITH TRIKES currently produces, come with a heavy-duty 2-inch diameter drive shaft as standard equipment. This allows them to easily take the high-torque demands produced by both the 1500cc and 1800cc six-cylinder powerplants that come stock in the modern Goldwings and Valkyries.
We manufacture a completely new driveshaft built from full-sized, sealed automotive U-joints and a 2-inch tube, featuring a slip-yoke on one end for easy installation/removal. We use equal-sized joints both front and rear, allowing the joints to “offset” each other for proper balancing and smoothness. They are sealed U-joints as mentioned, which means you don’t ever need to grease them, just like all modern-day cars and trucks, etc.
In fact, they are the exact same components used in full-sized cars and trucks; We figure if they can hold up in vehicles weighting multiple tons and producing several hundred horsepower, they should have no problems in our light-duty trike applications.
2021 ROADSMITH Price Sheets for Download:
- 2021 ROADSMITH HDTR Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HDT Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HDST-V Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HDST-R Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HDSS Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH ICR Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH VTR Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HTX1800 Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HTS1800 Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HT1500 Price Sheet
- 2021 ROADSMITH HSC(R)1500 Price Sheet
Shaft-Drive Chassis w/Ford Differential
Shaft-Drive Chassis w/New Dodge Differential